Sunday, June 28, 2009

Farrah Fawcett, 62 and Michael Jackson, 50

The world lost two great icons of two different eras: Farrah Fawcett, one of the most famous personalities of the 70's for having been one of the three gorgeous undercoer agents in Charlie Angels. She succumbed to her long battle with anal cancer. She was 62.

At the same time, the world lost another person from the musical monarchy, King of Pop, Michael Jackson, who suffered cardiac arrest in his Los Angeles home. He was 50.

The whole world mourns the death of these two superstars, as it has lost another two precious gems of the entertainment industry.

May they continue to live in our memories with their contributions to their respective fields of art. I'd say I was more connected to the 80's Pop legend because he has been a part of my growing years, watching his movies, music videos and danced moves in his concerts, and listening to his cassettes. I remember my mom owning an LP of Thriller, and I would often ask my mom play it in our phonograph when I was I think 4 or 5. Who will ever forget the denied lover Billie Jean, the cool and war-freak tunes of Beat It, and the horrific and graceful dances steps of Thriller (and of course that creepy ending laugh)?

His musical influence really spanned from the most developed to the most far-flung areas of the world, spreading like virus in the ears of the most mundanes citizens of nations. No one will ever fill the void that Michael has left the music industry. And I'm sure he will be immortalized by his valuable contribution to the industry he loved and served since his early childhood days.

Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, Gone Too Soon...

No comments :