Sunday, July 05, 2009

33rd National Milo Marathon

I participated in the 5K Fun Run of the 33rd National Milo Marathon Manila Leg this morning. It was an enjoyable experience despite lack of sleep the night before. Fellow runners were Bubbles, Concep and Bogs.

Thousands of people participated in the event, a perfect opportunity for politicians to take advantage. :) Mayor Fred Lim and MMDA Chairman Bayani Fernando graced the event.

Good thing I was able to time myself because the clock for the 5K fun run was not working when I arrived the finish line. I made 5K at 49:31. Dismal performance due to lack of sleep and lots of runners who obviously were just required by their PE professors to join, thus slacking in the race.

Overall, it was fun. Conquering a certain feat like finishing a 5-kilometer race simply gives you the natural high. Next goal is to outdo the 49-minute performance. :) Next year ulit!

No comments :