Thursday, October 27, 2011

A different Christmas this year

It's just a little over 60 days to go before Christmas. We're stuck at home because Bubbles is no longer allowed to travel, or even move much. She is almost due by Christmas time...

I have to get used to a new Christmas atmosphere. I have to tell myself that this is the new Christmas:

1. There will be no Christmas countdowns by local reporters.
2. There are no Christmas lights in September
3. "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" has become a reality
4. I no longer need to shout "patatawarin!" to people singing Christmas carols in front of our gate. And for one, we have no gate!
5. I don't need to worry about what to buy for the next category of "Monito, monita."
6. I don't need to wait for All Saint's Day to put up Christmas decors. We only need to put up decors on the 24th and bring them down on the 26th...
7. I don't need to worry about new crispy 20- or 50- peso bills for our "inaanaks" knocking on our doors early Christmas day.
8. I don't have to wake up early in the morning to attempt to attend mass, only to end up not attending because I was too sleepy. whoops. :)
9. I no longer have a 10-day holiday (from the 23rd to the 2nd of January). If I don't work, I don't get paid. Period.
10. I have to forget about the rowdy noche buenas and exchange gifts of Christmas Eve for the time being.

Bubbles and I will get the first hand experience of an American Christmas. It will be a totally different experience, but at least we have each other as our permanent monito/monita to exchange gifts with. And pretty soon, little Juancho is going to be helping us open gifts from friends and family. We'll miss the Pinoy Christmas, definitely.

Advanced Merry Christmas! Ay Halloween pa pala, then Thanksgiving. :)

2 comments :

chepie said...

have a blissful and happy Christmas albeit quite a different one (from what you guys are used to)! God bless you and Bub and the little one. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Pie! Take care and advance Merry Christmas to you too!