Friday, October 24, 2014

Pioneer's Farm

A must-see destination in DC (well, it's 10 miles south) is George Washington's estate in Mount Vernon, Virginia. I was fortunate to once again see the estate as I tour cousins Froy and Noemi.

Like I said to them, I have been here at least 5 times now, but the place still offers new things to do and see.

This visit, it was my first time to take the National Treasure tour. Often times sold out, we were lucky to have been early enough to snatch three slots to this movie-based tour, which gives the participants an opportunity to view the Mansion's basement, among others that were feature in the film "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets."

Because we can't take pictures of the basement, I decided to post a photo of President Washington's retirement farm, located near the estate's wharf.

Pioneer's Farm
©JReyes
365-day challenge, Day 40
17 October 2014



No comments :