Monday, November 24, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Pentagon Row is one of the first places in the DC Metro area to decorate for the Holidays. Thanks to this coupled with the instant cold temperature spell, it really does begin to look and feel a lot like Christmas. I have to begin putting them Christmas songs in my playlist.

Three Stars
365-day challenge, Day 73
19 November 2014


Christmas brings a lot of fond memories. Along with those memories come the ambient music of old time favorite tunes. With that, let me list down my top ten favorite Christmas tunes (in no particular order):

1. Someday at Christmas - Jackson 5 (MJ fan for life)
2. We Wish You a Merry Christmas Medley - Gunter Kallmann Choir (This very much reminds me of the old COD Department store in Cubao and its Christmas Show)
3. Sleigh Ride - Johnny Mathis (Dad and Mom loveeeeee playing this album)
4. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams (It's just such a happy Holiday tune)
5. Mary's Boy Child - Bonnie M. (Who does not get drawn with this song's bridge: "Oh my lord, you sent your son to save us, oh my Lord...")
6. I'll be Home for Christmas - Frank Sinatra (Well, it's the OFW song of the century...)
7. Pasko na Naman Medley - Various OPM Artists (You won't miss this in Pinoy Christmas parties... Celeste Legaspi, Apo Hiking Society and Leo Valdez are few of the collaborators to this classic Christmas album)
8. Kumukuti-kutitap - Ryan Cayabyab (Infectious hit from no other than the Maestro himself)
9. Heto Na Naman - Ryan Cayabyab (Exchange gift na diary, chocolate at sabon... :)
10. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Alvin and the Chipmunks (This is my childhood favorite Christmas album).

Let me know your favorite tune! List it down in the comments section below! :)


No comments :