Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Protests in DC

We were on our way to have lunch with friends in Filomena in Georgetown. On the way to Wisconsin Avenue, we were surprised to see people carrying protest signs and banners flocking the driveway of M Street. They then stopped right in the middle Wisconsin and M, the intersection where we should have turned to get to Filomena. As I tried to sneak in to turn, I was stopped by police and was asked to turn around and go back to key bridge instead. So I did.

Luckily, I found a parking spot as I took a u-turn. I quickly took the spot and Bubbles and I decided to walk towards Filomena. As we were approaching the crowd, I took a few photos.

Protests over alleged police brutality and racism that happened in Ferguson, Missouri have been spreading across other states, one of which in the DC Metro area. People protest about what they believe as militarization in the police force, as well as unfair treatment towards and stereotyping of cultural minorities like African Americans.

Why don't we just all get along??



Protest
365-day challenge, Day 83
29 November 2014


No comments :