Sunday, September 14, 2014

365-day Challenge: Day 6 -- Kostas at Work

The fine combination of a Friday and a series of good news convinced me to treat myself to the trusty Greek Deli. According to my Greek friend, the Greek Deli is the closest I'll ever be to Greece in the comforts of busy life of Washington, DC. I've been here many times before and this place never fails to amaze me with the quantity and quality of food. I have not been to Greece to judge whether this is the closest to real Greek food, but among the Greek restaurants I have tried in the District, this may be the best, if not one of the best I've had.

I did not take the risk of trying something new this day, so I went with my traditional fix: Lamb Souvlaki Gyro (Sandwich) and a Side of Spanakopita (Spinach Pie). I was extra fortunate to have my lunch prepare by not other than the proprietor himself, Kostas Fostieris. 

Mr. Fostieris, you might not be able to read this post but just for the record, I want to say your food is FANTASTIC. From the sandwiches to the platters and sides. If you live in the district, please do visit this place. They're open and close early (7am-4pm) so plan your trip! And oh, apologies for the candid "while you work" shot!

Greek Deli DC - http://www.greekdelidc.com

Kostas at Work
©JReyes
12 September 2014

No comments :