Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 9 -- Mom-mom

I remember a couple of years back, I was talking to one of my good agent friends in Philam Life, and he mentioned that he was about to leave the Philippines to visit his grandchildren in the US. Then he told me, "You don't know how good it feels to see them, hug them, cuddle them, play with them. They are our precious ones. If our children are the investment, our grandchildren are the dividends."

From that conversation, I suddenly understood all the grandmother/grandfather stories, how grandparents can override house rules, how they can spoil the children and get away with it. Grandchildren are the dividends. They are to be treated with greatest care, and are expected to be spent with.

I sometimes feel bad everytime I think about how far we are from Juancho's grandparents. But then I also think that this is all temporary and pretty soon, Juancho will enjoy the perks of grandparenthood.

Thank God for the Mom-mom's annual visits to check on one of her dividends. Little boy gets to enjoy more chocolates than usual.



Mom-mom
15 September 2014
©JReyes

No comments :