Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rasika: Elegant Indian Fare

The restaurant week winter edition is back! This time Bubbles was lucky to have been able to get a seat in the hottest Indian Restaurant in the Metro DC area, Rasika. It was our first time to visit the place because reservation in this restaurant has been eternally difficult. Normally it takes 2 weeks, sometimes a month to wait for your ideal time of the day.

They only had restaurant week menu this week, but their choices were actually wide with at least 5 selections of each course. Bubbles and I both chose Lamb Dishes as our main course.

The most memorable dish was the appetizer Calamari Karawari. Deep fried squid rings in semolina batter, with a side of delicious sauce. That for me is the best calamari I've had in the DC Metro Area.

The interior of Rasika is very elegant but still cultural, a vibe that accentuates your dining experience. Upon entering the main dining area from the door, there is a hallway that boasts its collection of wines and spices.

In my not-hard-to-please and inexperienced taste buds, I am giving the overall experience in Rasika 5 out of 5 stars. :) *

Rasika Wines and Spices
137/365
23 January 2015
©JReyes

*Note: I have not been commissioned nor been paid by Rasika to make this review. The review is of my own and cannot be used as reference to your dining experience. Cheers!

No comments :